Slippery Rock University wordmark logo

Accessible Map

Aerial view map of the Slippery Rock University campus with all buildings numbered

Printable Campus Map

Parking Map

Directions

All-Gender Restrooms

This is the accessibility version of the SRU Campus Map for web. For the interactive map, click here.

#1 Fowler Building (Extended Learning Center)

Description: Constructed in 1977 and acquired by Slippery Rock University in 1986, the Extended Learning Center is 3,500 square feet. It houses the Institute for Learning in Retirement.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 165 Elm Street Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front view of the Extended Learning Center, a brown wood-sided building with a sloped green metal roof.

Back To Menu

#2 Counseling and Development Training Facility

Description: Vincent House, a renovated house on East Cooper Street, contains various offices.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 113 East Cooper Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A white wood house with a grey roof, an accessible wheelchair ramp to the door, and trimmed hedges around the front.

Back To Menu

#3 McKay Education Building

Description: McKay Education Building, opened in 1929 and is 56,953 square feet. Named for the late Marie McKay, a former SRU registrar, the building is the home of the College of Education. SRU opened in 1889 as a normal school; education remains a hallmark program. McKay includes classrooms, a daycare, children's library, and dance studio.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 105 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

Front view of the McKay Building, a reddish-brown brick building with a large front entrance and two wings; a large grass yard in front has several tall trees and a sign that marks the name of the building.

Image 2 :

An alternate angle of the McKay building with a large tree in the foreground.

Image 3 :

A red and grey brick building in the autumn with yellow leaves across the grass yard.

Back To Menu

#4 Hickory Corner Schoolhouse

Description: Slippery Rock University acquired the one-room Hickory Corner Schoolhouse in 1988 and dedicated the furnished building in 1989. The 1,000-square foot schoolhouse, gifted to the University, was a school in Franklin Township from 1881-1963. The College of Education uses the classroom to contextualize the history of teacher education.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 103 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A historic-looking white and red wood classic 1-room schoolhouse with a tall front door, red-bordered windows, and a small cupola on top for an old school-bell.

Image 2 :

An aerial view of the red and white schoolhouse with the front door open and a clear view of the cupola and surrounding grass yard.

Back To Menu

#5 Drs. Paul and Carolyn Carruth Rizza Hall

Description: Drs. Paul and Carolyn Carruth Rizza Hall, constructed in 1900 and known for many years as West Hall, is 19,380 square feet. SRU restored the building in 2003.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

A beige-colored brick building with a triangular, orange-tiled roof. A stone staircase leads to a regal front entrance, and five round-topped windows cover the prominent face of the building, above the door.

Back To Menu

#6 Kraus Hall Lot

Description: The Kraus Hall Lot is currently vacant/closed. Kraus Hall was demolished in 2017.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: S. Main St and Cornish Dr Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A paved concrete lot surrounded by a metal fence mark the previous location of Kraus Hall.

Back To Menu

#7 Miller Auditorium

Description: Miller Auditorium, constructed in 1958, is 27,381 square feet. The 890-seat theater was previously a major performance site for student theatre, dance, and the Performing Arts Series. Named for the late Emma Guffey Miller, a western Pennsylvania political figure and former SRU trustee, the building is reportedly haunted by her ghost. Miller is currently closed; it is undergoing extensive renovations, including improvements to the performance space, which will include seating for 753, two new dance studios, an orchestra pit and a scene shop. Additional improvements benefiting the Dance and Theatre departments are being constructed in West Gym and East Gym.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 102 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

The large, rectangular entrance to Miller Auditorium, a red-brick building with an off-set checkerboard pattern of tall windows covering the front. A small stone staircase leads to the concrete standing area in front of the glass doors.

Back To Menu

#8 Rock Catholic Center

Description: The Rock Catholic Center, founded in 1938, combined two former houses across from Old Main into a center for worship and activities. Rock students attend services, use the study and meeting rooms, and schedule club and social functions at the facility.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: Newman Center, 342 Normal Ave Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A yellow 2-story house with white-shuttered windows and a grey roof; a shaded veranda extends the length of the front of the house, and a red sign marks the house as the Rock Catholic center.

Back To Menu

#9 Old Main

Description: Old Main, constructed in 1893, is the oldest structure at Slippery Rock University. The 35,536-square-foot majestic red brick building with clock tower is trimmed in Ohio sandstone and houses administrative and student services offices. In the early life of the University, students took classes in Old Main. The library occupied the second floor, and students used the third floor as a gymnasium.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 104 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

A red-brick building with a tall clock tower prominently in the center. Two turret-style towers stand on either side of the main clocktower, with cone-shaped grey roofs. A small wing to the building juts from the left side. A green grass yard sprawls in front, with two students sitting and studying.

Image 2 :

A wide view of Old Main, showing the clocktower framed by tall trees.

Image 3 :

Old Main illuminated at night by ground spotlights.

Back To Menu

#10 Robert A. Lowry Center

Description: Constructed in 1933 and acquired by Slippery Rock University in 1961, the Robert A. Lowry Center is 5,544 square feet. The building honors the memory of Robert Lowry, SRU director of admissions, chief administrative officer and acting president in 1968.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 249 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A beige-brick, house-like building with a portico entrance.

Back To Menu

#11 Maltby Center

Description: Maltby Center opened in 1938 and boasts a colorful history. The brick colonial structure with roof cupola is 25,848 square feet and served as the Slippery Rock University library until 1973. Large, arched windows provide for abundant natural lighting. The building is named for Albert Maltby, SRU president from 1890-1916.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 108 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A red brick building with an ornate white entrance, with

Image 2 :

An angled view of Maltby showcasing the front yard and Japanese Cherry Blossom trees.

Image 3 :

Students operating cameras and producing a news-like TV show within the studio in Maltby.

Image 4 :

A white-walled art gallery with reflective concrete flooring. Various paintings adorn the walls and some contemporary art pieces sit on the floor.

Back To Menu

#12 North Hall Welcome Center

Description: Slippery Rock University's North Hall is a co-educational residence hall that opened in 1938. The 87,000-square-foot building has 297 beds. The original North Hall, for women only, burned in 1937. In addition to being a co-educational residence hall, North Hall is the Admission's Office Welcome Center. Admissions counselors meet with prospective students and their parents in the center.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 201 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A red brick building with colonial aesthetics; tall white columns support a high portico above the front door, and several trees stand in the foreground.

Image 2 :

Side view of the entrance to North Hall, showcasing lush landscaping around the perimeter. A flag with the SRU mascot hangs from a lamppost.

Image 3 :

North Hall entrance in spring, with cherry blossom tree in the foreground.

Image 4 :

Aerial view of North Hall, showing the square layout and open-sky courtyard within the center.

Back To Menu

#13 Russell Wright Alumni House / Conference Center

Description: The Russell Wright Alumni House and Conference Center, named for the late Detroit Tigers physician Russell Wright, a 1923 Slippery Rock University graduate, provides an attractive setting for alumni functions, lectures, recognition ceremonies, and special events. The center opened in 1996 and was expanded in 2008 to its current size of 7,900 square feet. The center includes the Sally Jackson Lennox Patio named in honor of the '59 graduate and former alumni director.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 105 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A 1-story red brick building with white doors and windows; a small white cupola juts from the roof on the left side.

Back To Menu

#14 Pearl K. Stoner Instructional Complex (East/West Gym)

Description: Constructed in 1906, the 22,842-square-foot Pearl K. Stoner Instructional Complex is one of the most recognizable Slippery Rock buildings. Its round design, portico, and lion statuettes, a gift from the class of 1908, create a distinct impression. The East Gym was added as an annex in 1931 and is 22,002 square feet.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

An orange, brick building with wide, circular architecture and stone stairs and columns around the entrance.

Image 2 :

A wide view of the tower-like portion of West Gym with trees in the foreground.

Image 3 :

Aerial photo of West Gym at dusk showing the circular entrance and two octagonal wings.

Image 4 :

Aerial photo of West Gym showing the sidewalk path in front, leading to Strain Safety Building in the background.

Back To Menu

#15 Strain Safety Building

Description: Strain Safety Building, formally the Strain Behavioral Science Building, opened in 1938. The building is named for the late Warren Strain, SRU's first department chair of geography in the 1930s. The 32,444-square-foot building houses classrooms and office space for safety management.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front-view photo of a red and beige-brick building with an ornate concrete entrance.

Image 2 :

Red-brick side of Strain covered in windows.

Back To Menu

#16 Weisenfluh Dining Hall

Description: Weisenfluh Dining Center opened in 1962 and is 42,271 square feet. The facility, known affectionately as "the Fluh," was renovated in 2011, adding a new entrance, specialty food stations, and a coffee shop. Students, faculty, staff, and community residents frequent Weisenfluh for lunch. The building is named for the late Norman Weisenfluh, SRU president from 1956-1960.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 200 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Full-wall glass windows and doors at the entrance to a modern looking 1-story dining hall; an A-Frame sign sits out front and large steel lettering spells out Weisenfluh above the door.

Back To Menu

#17 Art Building

Description: The 14,941-square-foot Art Building has been the University's hub for art education since 1969. the Art Building includes a painting studio, staff offices, digital media and painting classrooms, and a photography studio and darkroom. In the 1940s and 1950s, the building was known as "The Hut" and used for dances and social functions.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 202 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A modern-looking two-story brick and stone building with a large stone wall and an outdoor stairwell of glass and blue steel.

Image 2 :

Students work on various art and design projects in a well-lit computer lab.

Back To Menu

#18 Rhoads Hall

Description: Rhoads Hall, constructed in 1961, serves as a traditional-style residence hall for men and women and provides office space for the Student Counseling and Student Health centers. The 56,662-square-foot facility has 211 beds. Rhoads was renovated in 2010.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 204 Campus Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Side view of a red brick building showing metal lettering spelling out

Image 2 :

Entrance to the Student Health Center, with a long accessibility ramp, carriage-porch like entrance and a wall of windows.

Back To Menu

#19 Art Metals Building

Description: The Arts Metals Building opened in 1936. The art department uses the 3,145-square-foot building for metalsmith classes.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 200 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front view of a small, red-brick building with a black industrial door and a single large window.

Back To Menu

#20 President's Residence

Description: The President's Residence, constructed in 1937, is the private residence of the Slippery Rock University president. The 7,414-square-foot structure is located on the upper end of campus, near Old Main and Rhoads Hall. The lower (public) level of the residence is used for official University outreach events.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 251 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A square, 2-story, colonial red-brick home with thin white columns at the front door, white-paned windows, and a small right-side addition.

Image 2 :

Aerial view of the President's house showing the front yard and a small patio area on the left side.

Back To Menu

#21 Wally Rose Field

Description: Wally Rose Field, named for the late Wally Rose, an SRU baseball and gymnastics coach, is the University’s former intercollegiate baseball diamond. The field is now used for recreation and special events.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 253 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A wide, flat field with bright green grass.

Back To Menu

#22 James C. Myford Art Sculpture Building

Description: The 5,100-square-foot Art Sculpture Building opened in 2009. The facility offers a state-of-the-art environment for creating works in clay, metal, wood and other materials. The building includes a woodworking shop, welding and casting room and main lecture hall that doubles as sculpture studio. Computers with three-dimensional applications facilitate art projects.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 202 Maltby Avenue Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A modern-looking building; the bottom half made of red brick and the top half beige panels, with a green metal roof. Metal lettering spells out

Image 2 :

A side view of the long, rectangular Art Sculpture building and the parking lot in front.

Back To Menu

#23 Patterson Hall

Description: Patterson Hall, constructed in 1958, demonstrates the University’s commitment to sustainable development. Patterson served as a residence hall from 1958-2008, when it was converted to a state-of-the-art classroom building for exercise and rehabilitative sciences, athletic training, art fibers, parks and conservation, the honors program and support offices. The project saved SRU $16 million in costs and expanded the size of Patterson by 2,720 square feet to a total of 65,606 square feet.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 105 Field House Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

A modern building of steel, black glass, and red stone; steel columns support an overhang covering the accessibility ramp leading to the main entrance, and metal lettering spells out

Image 2 :

View looking up at the side of a long, red-brick building covered with windows, from the bottom of the hill it sits on. A stone staircase leads up the hill to a side entrance.

Image 3 :

View from the bottom of the driveway leading up to the front of Patterson, with trees on either side.

Back To Menu

#24 Jack C. Dinger Building

Description: The Jack C. Dinger Building opened in 1959 and occupies 9,245 square feet. Annexed to Morrow Field House, special education occupied Dinger from 1959 until summer 2011, when the department relocated to McKay Education Building. Dinger currently serves as a classroom base for public health and social work.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 103 Field House Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A red entrance-way with glass and steel doors. A brown sign on the side reads

Back To Menu

#25 Jack C. Dinger Annex

Description: Special Education Annex, constructed in 1971, is 1,571 square feet. It is right next to Morrow Field House.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 103 Field House Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A small, 1-story brick building with a green door and four windows sits on a hill, with an accessibility ramp leading up to the door.

Back To Menu

#26 Morrow Field House

Description: Morrow Field House gymnasium opened in 1959 and is 127,665 square feet. It houses the Physical and Health Education Department and is used for intercollegiate athletic competitions, classes, graduation ceremonies and academic honors convocation. The Field House houses dance studios, a basketball court, track, racquetball courts, swimming pool and Grasstex area for indoor archery and other sports. The building is named for James Morrow, principal of Slippery Rock State Normal School from 1889-1890.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 Field House Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A long brick building on a hill, with a road passing the front entrance and a grass yard with a park-bench in the foreground.

Back To Menu

#27 Art Ceramics Building / Heating Plant

Description: Constructed in 1966, the Art Ceramics Building is 5,833 square feet. It provides office and classroom space for pottery classes and other art projects.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Service Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An industrial, green-steel building with a yellow, metal ladder leading to a door half-way up. A United States flag is posted near the top of the ladder.

Image 2 :

A highly industrial interior, covered in yellow pipes and heavy machinery; a few men work operating the machines.

Image 3 :

Artists in smocks working with clay in a small room; the walls are covered in shelves adorned with a variety of ceramic urns and sculptures.

Back To Menu

#28 Old Thompson Field

Description: Old Thompson Field, which opened in 1958, provides a track and field for student workouts, camps and pep rallies. It is named for N. Kerr Thompson, head football coach from 1920-1942. Varsity football games were played on Old Thomson Field until 1974, when SRU opened Mihalik-Thompson Stadium.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 111 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Aerial view of a long grass field with a running-track around the perimeter.

Back To Menu

#29 University Police

Description: The University Police building opened in 1962 and is 5,675 square feet. It houses the University Police Department and police dispatch office. The building is open 24/7.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 145 Kiester Rd Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An all-white wood building with few windows and a small patio in the front. A large police emblem adorns the wall next to the door.

Back To Menu

#30 Maintenance Center

Description: The Maintenance Center opened in 1975 and is 17,728 square feet. It provides a base for facilities and planning, maintenance and construction and design.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Building and Grounds Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A tall, brown brick building with sloped roofs. Steel lettering on the left-side spell out

Back To Menu

#31 Printing Services

Description: Printing Services, constructed in 1969, is 21,420 square feet and houses the on campus printer.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 Building and Grounds Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A side-view angle of a long, single-floor, industrial grey building. It is surrounded by a concrete lot with a few parked cars.

Back To Menu

#32 Central Receiving / Stores Building 1

Description: Central Receiving / Stores Building 1, a maintenance storage facility, opened in 1969 and is 21,420 square feet.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 143 Kiester Rd Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A single-story industrial facility with a side door and a truck parked in front of a raised loading dock.

Back To Menu

#33 Advanced Technology and Science Hall

Description: Advanced Technology and Science Hall, which houses geography, geology and the environment, chemistry and computer science, opened in 2006 and is 78,789 square feet. The building is equipped with a wireless sound system, webcams, video projectors, computers used to study satellite weather systems and wireless Internet. The robotics lab gives students the opportunity to create and test artificial intelligence.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

View of a 3-story, modern-looking building of steel, black-glass, and red brick. A road loops in front of the entrance, with a flag pole standing in the middle flying US and Pennsylvania flags.

Image 2 :

View of the entrance to ATS from the top of a nearby hill, prominently displaying the black-glass windows and sitting area in front of the doors.

Image 3 :

Entrance to a brick and glass building as viewed from the nearby campus quad, on a sunny spring day. The grass yard and several trees decorate the foreground.

Back To Menu

#34 Spotts World Culture Building

Description: Spotts World Culture Building opened in 1966 and is 59,671 square feet. The building houses classrooms and faculty offices for english, history, interdisciplinary studies, political science and philosophy. The building’s auditoriums were recently renovated.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 110 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front view of a plain red-brick and concrete building with many windows; trees line the sidewalk to the front doors.

Image 2 :

Angled view of a red-brick and concrete building on a bright spring day, framed by the nearby landscaping.

Back To Menu

#35 Eisenberg Classroom Building

Description: Eisenberg Classroom Building, constructed in 1969, is 54,905 square feet. It houses the College of Business Dean's Office and its academic departments, The Rocket student newspaper and a Trading Center classroom to provide simulations of financial markets.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 102 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A brick and concrete building with many windows lies behind a flat grass yard with several trees.

Image 2 :

A stone sidewalk leads past the side of a brick building with concrete-framed windows.

Image 3 :

Aerial view of a prominent red-brick and concrete building with a flat, white roof. A small overhang covers the front doors, and stone sidewalks emanate from the entrance in 4 different directions.

Back To Menu

#36 Student Government Association Gazebo

Description: The Student Government Association Gazebo, constructed in 2008, provides a sheltered spot for students to hang out and serves as a venue for special events. The gazebo has been the site of several weddings and is a popular spot for graduation photos.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: Campus Quad Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An angled, front view of the gazebo with a clear blue sky above.

Image 2 :

Straight on view of the gazebo with stone brick walls and shrubbery.

Image 3 :

Distant view of the gazebo through trees with a student walking in front.

Image 4 :

Aerial view of the entire quad area with many students on the sidewalks.

Back To Menu

#37 School of Physical Therapy Building

Description: The School of Physical Therapy Building opened in 2001. The 41,500-square-foot building supports the University’s doctor of physical therapy and public health programs. The PT Building includes state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories and a resource room.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 108 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

Red brick building with a gray roof is seen behind a big tree.

Image 2 :

Front view of a red brick building with even windows, green grass, and blue skies.

Image 3 :

Aerial view of a red brick building with a gray roof.

Image 4 :

Front view of the therapy building during winter.

Back To Menu

#38 Bailey Library

Description: The 100,874-square-foot Bailey Library has been serving the research needs of students and faculty since 1970. Its collection includes 517,000 print books and magazines and more than 10,000 audio-visual items, including DVDs and music CDs. Bailey has access to more than 183,000 electronic books and more than 50,000 scholarly journals. During a typical school week, more than 26,000 people use the library. Residents living in the Slippery Rock zip code as well as teachers in the community can get a free borrower card.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 104 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Glass encased entrance of the bailey library during winter, hipster student walking in front.

Image 2 :

Side view of the library during winter with a student in grey walking in front.

Image 3 :

Circulation desk of the library with many people socializing in the lobby.

Image 4 :

Computers lined up in a grey and white lab.

Image 5 :

Many people waiting in line for

Back To Menu

#39 Vincent Science Center

Description: Vincent Science Center opened in 1968 and was renovated into a modern learning center in 2011. It is 102,640 square feet. It was named for Arthur Vincent, former science professor and chair of the science department from 1923 to 1940.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 106 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

Side view of a round red brick building covered in windows.

Image 2 :

Front view of a rounded red/tan brick building, glass entrance.

Image 3 :

Empty science lab with sinks and storage cabinets.

Image 4 :

Empty science lab tables.

Image 5 :

Planetarium with blue seating and projection equipment.

Image 6 :

Sign for the Vincent science center in winter.

Back To Menu

#40 Robert M. Smith Student Center (SGA Bookstore)

Description: The new Robert M. Smith Student Center is 106,869-square feet. It includes a ballroom, theater with accordion seating, rain garden, Wi-Fi, student government and student organization offices, work areas, conference rooms and lounges, bookstore, electronic store, Starbucks, Quaker Steak and Lube, campus dining, PNC Bank and administrative offices.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 107 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

Front view of the student center, window wall, red leaved tree, blue skies.

Image 2 :

Aerial view of the student center, two trees in the front corners.

Image 3 :

Front view walking up to the student center. Person in front.

Image 4 :

Ballroom in student center, presentation at the from, room filled with people in chairs.

Image 5 :

White hallway, starbucks.

Image 6 :

Cafeteria seating with chairs that are different shades of blue.

Back To Menu

#41 Boozel Dining Hall

Description: The award-winning Boozel Dining Hall is 35,900 square feet and includes a number of “firsts.” Boozel is one of the first dining halls in the country to offer a live-fire Brazilian churrasco food station, as well as vegetarian and other specialty options. It has been a solid hit with students. Constructed in 1971, SRU renovated Boozel in 2008 to add eight food stations, open kitchens, lounge seating and a grab-n-go station. A 3,000-square-foot atrium entrance and bright interior colors reflect an increase in ethnic cuisine. The facility won a “Dining Hall of Distinction” award from University Business magazine.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 105 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front view of a white building with red brick, white pillars, blue sky.

Image 2 :

White and red brick building, pillars in front, and covered in windows at night time.

Back To Menu

#42 University Union

Description: The University Union is currently being used as a transitional building while awaiting funds for renovation as a Student Success Center. In the interim, the building houses the SRU Theatre Department, the Performing Arts Series and special events, the University Parking Office, Students with Disabilities Services, the ID Office, and Mailing Services.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 103 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Side view of a red brick building, green grass, two people walking on sidewalk.

Image 2 :

Back view of the union beyond a lake and tree. All windows.

Back To Menu

#43 Swope Music Hall

Description: Swope Music Hall houses the department of music, classrooms, a band room and rehearsal studios. Constructed in 1977, the building is 40,957 square feet and includes an auditorium that seats 375 people. Students and guest artists perform regularly in Swope. The building is named for Clair Swope, who taught in the music department from 1946-1978.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 Central Loop Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Front view of a red brick building with narrow windows and a lot of shrubbery on either side of the entrance.

Image 2 :

Small band of students playing instruments, drum set, wind instruments, guitar.

Image 3 :

Teacher directing music students in a white classroom.

Image 4 :

Aerial view of a red/brown brick building with a green roof surrounded by red and green bushes.

Back To Menu

#44 Robert N. Aebersold Student Recreation Center (ARC)

Description: The 84,000-square-foot Robert N. Aebersold Student Recreation Center, named for the former University president, offers a variety of indoor recreation opportunities for students, faculty and community residents. The facility, commonly known as the “ARC,” includes a swimming pool, track, basketball courts, climbing wall, gymnasiums and fitness center. Individual and family memberships are available. This is one of the most popular destinations on campus.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 Stadium Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

Back entrance of a red brick building with a windowed entrance and green trees on the right side with cloudy blue skies.

Image 2 :

Person lifting weights in front of a window overlooking one of Slippery Rock's most beautiful lakes.

Image 3 :

Aerial view of both entrances to the ARC.

Image 4 :

Aerial view of the ARC, lake on the left side.

Image 5 :

Weight room, cannot see through the windows.

Image 6 :

Person in yellow shirt climbing an indoor rock wall.

Image 7 :

Indoor swimming pool with a lifeguard watching and a US flag hanging overhead.

Back To Menu

#45 Residential Suites

Description: The six-building Residential Suites student-housing complex anchors our residential village. More than 2,100 students live in the suites, which opened in 2006-2007 and offer a combined 746,588 square feet of living space. Students may choose between single rooms, doubles and double suites with private bathrooms and kitchenettes. Amenities include individually controlled air conditioning and heat, wireless access, lounges with computers, cable television in every room and pool tables. Many of the halls house Living Learning Communities where students who have like interests live and study together.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: Rock Pride Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

The two-story, front-entry of orange-brick building 540 with a “D” hung in the window over the door and an iron bench and bicycle racks out front.

Image 2 :

An overhead shot of the entire housing complex showing six similar buildings sided with bricks on the bottom two floors and beige siding on the top two floors, overlooked by a treed hillside with the water tower in the background.

Image 3 :

View of one of the residential buildings reflected in a deep blue pond surrounded by cattails.

Image 4 :

SRU's lion mascot Rocky wearing a green “00” football jersey standing in front of one of the residential suite-buildings with a few students walking in the background.

Image 5 :

An aerial shot of the residential village with streets and parking lots lined with trees clad in red autumn leaves.

Back To Menu

#46 R.O.C.K. Apartments

Description: The ROCK Apartments student housing complex opened in 1996 and includes eight buildings between 6,930 and 7,280 square feet, for a total combined size of 57,050 square feet. It has 188 beds. The Rock Apartments offer a variety of room options and are very popular with upperclassmen.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: Green and White Way Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A bird’s-eye view of the apartment complex showing eight identical three-storied, red-brick buildings with grey-gabled roofs, and balconies running up the sides.

Image 2 :

The side-view of one apartment building showing orange-ish bricks, beige siding, green-trimmed windows, grey roof, and green railings and doors on the balconies.

Back To Menu

#47 Ski Lodge

Description: Slippery Rock University’s Ski Lodge opened in 1976 and is 2,860 square feet. The rustic design and indoor fireplace offer a variety of opportunities for students to gather. The Ski Lodge sits on six acres that include a campground and ski slope. In winter, physical education professors use the Ski Lodge as a base for cross-country skiing.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 207 Rock Pride Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A building with vertical, red wood siding, translucent window panels at the top, a windowless door, a sign reading “SRU SKI LODGE” and “SKI LODGE EQUIPMENT RENTAL”, and a large exhaust stack on the roof.

Back To Menu

#48 Susie Knierim Leadership Institute, Reach Program

Description: The Dr. Helen “Susie” Knierim Leadership Institute, Reach Program, is an outdoor leadership training facility with high- and low-rope courses and other equipment. Knierim taught physical education at SRU from 1973-1994 and received several awards, including the President’s Award for Outstanding Service.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 350 Rock Pride Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A weathered wood sign that reads “Dr. Helen ‘Susie’ Knierim LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE REACH PROGRAM” in deep red lettering and light blue trimmings and surrounded by flowers.

Back To Menu

#49 Leadership Development Center

Description: The Slippery Rock University Leadership Development Center opened in 2009 and is 2,240 square feet. It supports the Executive Leadership Reaction Course and Challenge Tower, which provide experiential leadership training opportunities. Local businesses, teachers, SRU faculty groups and the Army ROTC program at SRU use the 16 stations comprising the reaction course.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 302 North Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An unadorned, single-level building with beige vinyl siding, grey shingles, two windows, and two white doors with wooden railings.

Image 2 :

A tall, wooden climbing wall with four students wearing hard-hats, one with a safety line and harness; various other climbing course challenges can be seen in the background.

Back To Menu

#50 James P. McFarland Recreational Sports Complex

Description: The James P. McFarland Recreational Sports Complex is a 12-acre intramural sports complex that opened in 2010. It includes four multi-purpose fields, two softball fields, a disc golf course, rugby field and exercise pathway. All six fields are lighted. More than 4,500 SRU students participate in intramural athletics every year. The fields honor the late James McFarland, SRU professor emeritus of parks and recreation. He joined SRU in 1974 and retired in 2001.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 150 Branchton Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An aerial view with side-by-side softball fields, four rectangular grass fields separated by light standards, and a dek-hockey rink.

Image 2 :

A ground-level view from the outfield of a softball field under heavy clouds.

Back To Menu

#51 Gail L. Rose Lodge

Description: Gail L. Rose Stadium Lodge opened in 1981 and is 1,903 square feet. Athletic Club donors at the Captains level and above may use the facility to watch football and other activities at the Mihalik-Thompson Stadium. The Lodge is also used for receptions and special events.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 246 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Long, low grey building with a green roof completely lined with windows and a giant white “S” on a green background on the hillside in front.

Back To Menu

#52 Mihalik-Thompson Stadium Complex

Description: Mihalik-Thompson Stadium, constructed in 1974, seats 10,000 people and includes outdoor lights and FieldTurf. The 47,000-square-foot stadium is named for SRU football coaches George Mihalik, ’74 and the late N. Kerr Thompson. The stadium includes: the Bob DiSpirto Field, named for Bob DiSpirito who taught parks and recreation and was the football coach from 1967-1998; the Jerry Bejbl Weight Training Facility, which is named for Jerry Bejbl, a 1963 graduate and University benefactor, and the William Lennox Track, which is named for William Lennox, former athletic director and track coach.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 North Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

A birds-eye view of the Mihalik-Thompson Stadium Complex from the visitor’s stand side encompassing the football field ringed by a red composite track, light standards and a scoreboard, home stands and the parking lot.

Image 2 :

An aerial shot of the complex taken from the home stand’s side showing the green-roof of the weight-training facility beside the visitor’s stands on the far side of the field.

Image 3 :

Helmeted “The Rock” football players charging from the tunnel in front of cheering spectators with the press-box in the background.

Image 4 :

An overhead view of the white-lined football field with a large “S” painted midfield and “SRU” and “ROCK” on a grey background in either endzone, yellow field-goal posts, the track, stands, and lights.

Back To Menu

#53 Field Hockey and Lacrosse Center

Description: The Field Hockey and Lacrosse Center opened in 2007 and is 4,700 square feet. The facility provides a home, locker rooms, offices and an athletic training center for the women’s field hockey and lacrosse programs.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 244 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A stout, cinder-block building with green steel roof and doors under a sign reading “WOMEN’S FIELD HOCKEY AND LACROSSE CENTER”.

Back To Menu

#54 Jim Egli Soccer Field

Description: The home venue for the men’s and women’s soccer teams, Jim Egli Soccer Field is named for James Egli, who taught physical education at Slippery Rock University from 1956-1987.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 101 North Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Aerial photo showing the entirety of the soccer field and new press box.

Image 2 :

An alternate angle aerial photo of the large grass field.

Back To Menu

#55 Blase S. Scarnati Marching Band Field

Description: Blase Scarnati Marching Band Field honors the late Blase Scarnati, a professor emeritus of music. Scarnati joined SRU in 1964 and retired in 1996. He took direction of the marching band in 1971 with 35 members and helped build it into one of the best in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 103 Stadium Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A green grass field and a tall observation tower in front of a red-bricked, flat-roofed, multi-storied building.

Back To Menu

#56 SRU Alumni Pavilion

Description: The SRU Alumni Association Picnic Pavilion opened in 2005 and provides a sheltered area for tailgating before sporting events, cookouts and club activities.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 102 Stadium Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A pavilion with green posts holding up a green-trimmed white roof over concrete pad with picnic tables and garbage barrels.

Back To Menu

#57 Jack Critchfield Park

Description: Jack Critchfield Park, which opened in 2002, is home to the men’s intercollegiate baseball team. It is named for Jack Critchfield, a 1955 Rock graduate who contributed $75,000 to make the baseball stadium possible. One of the finest NCAA Division II facilities in the country, the Slippery Rock Sliders semi-pro baseball organization uses “The Jack” for home games.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 100 Stadium Drive Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

The white and brown-bricked front facade of Jack Critchfield Park with the entry gate under a white-lettered sign on a green background with covered grandstands expanding on either side.

Image 2 :

An aerial photo of the baseball field with neatly-groomed outfield grass surrounded by a red clay warning track and overhead light towers with stands and dugouts behind the infield.

Image 3 :

The front facade and gate of the ballpark with large rocks and planters on either side, ringed with spruce trees, and the scoreboard in the background.

Image 4 :

An overhead view of the entire baseball complex showing the three-tiered, brown roof of the façade in front of the green, steel roof of the grandstand with brown-roofed dugouts and bullpens on the right and the left.

Image 5 :

The brown dirt baseball diamond with white bases and pitcher’s mound and the green and white bleachers behind home-plate.

Back To Menu

#58 Tennis Courts

Description: The University has 12 Tennis Courts that are used by the intercollegiate women’s tennis team and for recreational tennis.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: Near 202 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A side-view of three, fenced, blue-green concrete tennis courts being utilized by a handful of tennis players.

Back To Menu

#59 Patricia Zimmerman Field Hockey Field

Description: The Patricia Zimmerman Field Hockey Field serves as the practice venue for the women’s field hockey team. It is named for Pat Zimmerman, the “mother of Rock field hockey” who coached the sport from 1961-1993. She taught physical education.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 202 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

Large flat grass field with fresh mowing lines and several white nets throughout.

Image 2 :

A flat field with green grass and four field-hockey goals on the left, a chain-link fence in front, and a house and trees in the back.

Back To Menu

#60 Athletic/Intramural Practice Field

Description: The Athletic/Intramural Practice Field is used for student intramural competitions and pickup games.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 239 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An expansive, green athletic field flanked by matching H-shaped, football field-goal posts and a soccer goal in the background.

Back To Menu

#61 Softball Field

Description: The Softball Field opened in 2004. It is a regulation, NCAA Division II softball diamond and the home venue for the women’s intercollegiate softball team.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 241 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

A softball field with a brown dirt infield, green grass outfield, twin dugouts surrounding a backstop, and an outfield wall and scoreboard.

Back To Menu

#62 Women's Soccer/Softball Facility

Description: The Women’s Soccer/Softball Complex opened in 2004 and is 5,084 square feet. It provides locker rooms and coaches’ offices for the women’s softball and soccer programs.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 243 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

The front of a grey building with steps leading up to a wooden, wrap-around deck with identifying signs on a white railing in front of a glass door and window with a glowing porchlight.

Back To Menu

#63 Storm Harbor Equestrian Center

Description: The 10-acre Storm Harbor Equestrian Center opening in 2006 and provides students with professional preparation and research opportunities. The facility includes a barn, indoor riding arena, stalls for 12 horses and 10 acres of pastures and riding trails. A soft matting on the floor of the indoor arena and a wheelchair lift support the facility’s mission of catering to riders with physical and mental disabilities. More than 100 children a week use the Storm Harbor facilities.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 245 Harmony Road Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Image 1 :

An aerial shot of a large, white barn with a green steel roof, a smaller, similar building to the left and a brown dirt riding arena to the right all surrounded with white picket fencing with tennis courts and apartment buildings in the background amongst green tree and fields.

Image 2 :

A giant, white barn with green-trimmed cross-bucks and a green steel roof and cupolas with a rearing horse-and-rider statue out front along a cobbled path, a John Deere Gator on the left, and an opened sliding-door on the right.

Image 3 :

A side-view of the green-roofed, white barn showing a covered entry-way and a sliding door and the parking lot with the riding arena in the back all backdropped by fall foliage.

Image 4 :

A black horse with a back mane wearing a grey jacket and standing in a barn stall filled with hay.

Image 5 :

The entire white barn displaying the green roof, cupolas, green-trimmed door and cross-bucks, lined at top with translucent windows and wrapped by a white picket fence and green grass under a clear blue sky.

Back To Menu

#64 Robert A. Macoskey Center for Sustainable Systems Education and Research

Description: The Robert A. Macoskey Center for Sustainable Systems Education and Research is the University's 83-acre environmental center. The facility promotes sustainability through demonstration, education, and research. The site includes the 3,000-square-foot Harmony House, which was remodeled in 2010 and provides a base for environmental workshops and activities, as well as a wind turbine that produces a small amount of clean energy. SRU created the Macoskey Center in 1990. It is named for the late Robert Macoskey, an SRU professor of philosophy from 1971-1990.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 247 Harmony Rd Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Video: Click Here

Image 1 :

A house-like building with forest green siding, a grey roof, and a large, covered porch running the entire length of the front of the building wrapped with a white railing and an entry on the right corner.

Image 2 :

An aerial photo showing the side-view of a house with green-siding and a grey roof with dormers, an outbuilding and a parking lot behind, and solar panels on the right all set amongst lush, green trees and fields.

Image 3 :

A brood of hens ranging in color from tan to salt-and-pepper to solid black all with red combs and waddles behind a wire fence with a steel-roofed coop in the rear.

Image 4 :

An aerial view of the side of a house with green-siding, a grey roof, a door, and windows covering most of the side of the building surrounded by beautiful, yellow flowers, a neat garden, rich green trees, and a field across the street.

Back To Menu

#65 Harrisville Building

Description: SRU's Harrisville Building, the retrofitted home for the physician assistant graduate program, opened in May, 2016. SRU converted the former Har-Mer Elementary School into a facility for medical training. Students use 13 labs, an interactive mannequin and other equipment simulating real-time patient care.

Google Maps Link: Click Here

Address: 220 W Prairie St Harrisville, PA 16038

Image 1 :

A single-story, red brick building with a flagpole and a weathered, green school-bell monument on either side of a large, inset front-entry way with glass doors and windows.

Back To Menu